Monday, July 9, 2012

Este fin de Semana!

so, this weekend I went to a little place called La Merced, which is on the edge of the rainforest with a girl that I met here in Huancayo. Her name is Kylie and she is from Nueve Zealandia! (Spanish version of the country) We had a great time and it was lovely to have some girl time and do a trip with a friend, also because I was kind of weary about going to the jungle. It ended up not really being the jungle, but moreso the rainforest. It was still so beautiful. We took a bus and got there around 430 in the afternoon. We ended up meeting some other gringos, one of the them was a mexican and they had been in the city for a couple weeks and they took us on a hike along a small river. It was so awesome!!!! The scenery was beautiful and I was reminded of how much I love rainforest and greenness and rain and lushness. Im so grateful I live on the west coast!!! I love the landscape of western oregon!!! Anyhoo, we had a great time and met 2 young people, one from Mexico and one from Boise, ID. They had met in Lima. Its so cool how you can meet people to travel with when youre traveling alone and so open to meeting people. I have met 4 different ladies whom I would love to see again at another time in life and they are all from different countries- New Zealand, Ireland, Germany and Switzerland!! Pretty cool. Now I am sitting at the volunteer house typing a blog and waiting to eat supper before I take a bus to a city up north called Huanuco. I am glad that I got to be a part of this volunteer program because I got to teach kids in a rural school in Peru! But I am also glad to keep on traveling por que yo tengo solamente una semana entonces I will fly back to the United States!

Now I am reading a book called the Mermaid Chair.

Love
Josie

1 comment: