Monday, July 2, 2012

quick post more later!

So, right now I am eating some bread and drinking some tea. In a few minutes I am going to get picked up to go volunteer at a school with young kids! I am staying at this wonderful communal house run by a husband, and wife and their little girl. The program is called Carisma Peru and it seems really cool so far. There are quite a few other people here right now also doing the volunteer program. A lot of young American people. Haha yesterday it kind of felt like I was in a sorority. I am in the city of Huancayo. I have a lot to tell you. I went to Lake Titikaka and that was wonderful. Thanks Dad for your wonderful email. I finished both my books I brought with me a few days ago and thankfully there was a book exchange at the hostal I stayed at in Arequipa. So I exchanged it for a book called The Five People You Meet in Heaven, which I really like so far. A lot. After reading the book The Art of Racing in the Rain which ended with the dog dying, I am liking to read more books about death because that book tore me to pieces. Haha, I had to put it away when I was on the bus back to Arequipa because I was crying so much. And Big B, I wanted to tell you that when I called you, I seemed more emotional about Cocoa because I had just read that book that day and I had so many thoughts. I dont miss Cocoa any more than I miss you. Anyways, haha, Ive got a lot more to talk about later.

No comments:

Post a Comment