Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Here I am in Lima! I arrived this evening and now I am sitting in the dining room of a hostal near the airport which is in what looks to be a very ghetto part of the town. Our whole group is here and we have 4 hours to sleep before we go back to the airport to fly out to Cuzco. I am finally here! Yay! My flight was cancelled and I was so upset to miss my first day by myself, but because of that I was able to meet a really cool person on the plane who is from Oregon! I stayed in a hotel in Seattle after everyone had to evacuate the plan headed for Houston due to technical problems. Then that evening when I was just about to fall asleep at about 7 o´clock (I didn´t sleep at all the night before in the Seattle airport), my phone rang and it was the airline telling me my flight was cancelled again. After talking to my dad, Í felt a lot better. I called them back and while I was talking, I was trying so hard not to get so upset and start crying and I did what I have been reading about and hearing about from one of my favorite teachers/mentors and I said "miracle find me now!" And the next day I made it to Lima. Although I did start crying on my flight to Houston after asking people if I could switch with them to have a window seat like I was originally supposed to have.  haha, yeah. But the miracle found me in the form of meeting 2 very friendly and nice people at the airport in Houston and one new friend whom I met on the plane! And I got my beloved window seat! I was just emotionally fragile and yet excited and hopeful as I should have been. So, now to go up to bed and share a bed with my roommate, a lovely lady who is a friend of Ricardo´s. More fun and magical adventures to write about soon!

Hasta Luego!

3 comments:

  1. Jos, I'm so glad you made it. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tú eres el milagro, y la luz siempre encuentra la luz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rediculous...i would've cut a bitch if my flight was cancelled once, twice and i'd have 2 free flights before i even left the airport.

    ReplyDelete